When I discover information that I feel may benefit you, I’m eager to share. This month I discovered 10 simple steps to lower your cholesterol without prescription drugs. This information can be found in the book Cholesterol Down by Janet Bond Brill, Ph.D., R.D., LDN. If you are hoping to discover natural remedies that can lower your cholesterol, this book may prove beneficial.
These are the 10 steps discussed in the book:
- Walk 30 minutes every day (preferably at a fast pace).
- Eat 1 – 1-½ ounces of almonds or walnuts every day or 2-3 tablespoons for almond butter.
- Eat a half cup of some type of beans, peas, or lentils every day.
- Eat one apple every day.
- Eat 1-2 tablespoons of ground flaxseeds every day.
- Eat 3-10 grams psylliym (either 6-8 capsules or 1-2 tablespoons powder) per day.
- Eat 1 clove of fresh garlic and take 1 Kyolic garlic capsule per day.
- Eat 20-25 grams per day of soy protein; aim for at least two servings of soy products every day.
- Eat plant sterols/stanols. Consume 2-3 grams a day at two meals.
- Eat 1 cup of oatmeal or barley per day.